The Art and Science of Soapmaking, written by Anne-Marie Faiola
Unit Study for Homeschooling - Covers the History, Science and Art of Soapmaking.
This unit of Study is meant to augment the normal lessons your child is doing already. Or it could be used as a fun series of activities to do with your child during school vacations and breaks. It will introduce them to the magic of soap science in a fun and approachable way. It is intended for about a one week section of study, but you can adjust the amount of time it takes to suit you. Lessons are appropriate for 6 to 11 year olds (grades 1-6).
- Learn about why soap works
- Explore how mold is formed
- Continue phonics and spelling lessons with soap-related words
- Work on language arts by retelling stories and classifying word types
- Unit study contains math activities
- Exploration into surface tension and fun experiments with bubbles