Playing with color is one of our favorite parts of creating bath and beauty products. But with so many different kinds to choose from, it can feel a little confusing. In this video, CEO and founder Anne-Marie covers the basics of powdered colorants and liquid dyes. Then, she answers your questions on how add them to various products, how to get vibrant shades, and more.
- 05:32 How do you know how much colorant to put in cold process soap?
- 06:49 Will using too much mica affect how long the soap takes to cure?
- 07:50 When do you mix in colorants? With liquid oils or at trace?
- 08:47 What are other natural colorants that have vibrant colors?
- 09:43 My micas color the bathtub when I use them in bath fizzies, what should I use instead?
- 10:58 Is there a certain temperature when you should add your colorants to melt and pour soap?
- 11:44 The red color block comes out more pink. How can you get a good red in melt and pour soap?
- 12:18 How to know what colors are going to get affected by vanilla discoloration and how to fix it?