Black Friday Giveaway Winners

This year has been anything but normal, so we decided Black Friday should follow suit. Instead of our usual sale, we opted for a giveaway. It was inspired by our customers. They stepped up to donate supplies and volunteer to help those in need.

We decided to show our thanks with $100 Bramble Berry gift cards. We chose five winners who gave back to their communities. Meet them below!

Thank you to everyone who entered - it was amazing to see all the ways you helped people this year, even if you faced hardship as well. Just know it was extremely hard to choose only five winners. 

April with West Side Sudz

west side sudz bake sale

April and her daugher Megumi have gone above and beyond to help their community. They focused most of their efforts on the Maui Rescue Mission, which offers mobile showers, outreach, and support to people experiencing homelessness. 

April and Megumi have cooked meals, washed dishes, and held bake sales to raise money for the organization. They've also made sure to recruit friends and family to lend a hand!

west side sudz donated meals

Nataly with Nath Soap Company

nath soap company donations

Hospitals were hit hard this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees there are working nonstop to help those affected and their families.

That's why Nataly donated soap to local hospitals around Bristol, CT. Handmade bars are gentle on the skin, so they're perfect for home use. It was her way of saying thank you for all that healthcare workers have done. 

nath soap company donations

Rose with Soaps for Change

soaps for change

Charity isn't an afterthought for Rose - it's the entire point of her business! She donates 85% of her proceeds to community organizations, and the remaining 15% is spent on supplies.

So far, those donations have gone to causes like The Trevor Project and Black Girls Code. Right now, they're going to the Indigenous Environmental Network. Their goal is to provide a sustainable future, with indigenous values and sovereignty as the focus.

soaps for change

Bailey with Borealis Bubble Co.

Bailey participated in a fundraiser to help the Alaska SeaLife Center. They're dedicated to research and education, and they're the only marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation facility in the state.

borealis bubble co donations

Because of the pandemic, they were in danger of closing for good. Bailey donated soap and bubble butter to help keep their doors open. 

Gwynne with Silver Lining Soap

young at art museum soap making

For many, arts and entertainment has been a welcome escape this year. So when the Young At Art Museum in Florida lost its home, Gwynne decided to donate 10% of her sales to support its relocation. 

The museum means a lot to Gwynne and her family. They support local artists and provide a space for kids to be truly creative. They also give back to the community through education and outreach.

silver lining soap donations

See all the entries on the #BlackFridayBB tag!