Want to try your hand at making your own lip balms? Lip gloss, lip shimmers, & lip balms are all very easy and inexpensive to make. You can create an all natural mixture using organic essential oils and nourishing vegetable butters or you can get wild and make them sparkly and decadent with micas and flavors. But a word of warning - once you start making your own beautifully hand crafted lip balms you won't be able to buy another mediocre, manufactured, tube of low quality oil & wax again!
Info and Inspiration
- This recipe is one of our favorite basic recipes and was featured in Kiwi magazine.
- Check out this recipe using real chocolate it's delicious and nutritious. No really! chocolate is a great source of anti-oxidants.
- Want a little more shine? Castor oil adds a long lasting gloss to your lip balm but to make it even easier see this recipe on the Soap Queen blog.
- Here are 2 more tried and true lip balm variations. This one featuring moisturizing Shea butter and this one with yummy cocoa butter.
- Want to make your own unique lip balm concoction? Read this page to learn the proper proportions for oil to wax to butter when creating a well-balanced lip balm.
- What's the difference between lipstick and lip balm? More pigment and mica than you would think could possibly mix into your melted oils is what separates the sticks from the balms. This article explains the process of making lipstick in detail.