Lye is an essential ingredient for handmade liquid soap. Ours comes in flake form so it's easy to measure and add to your recipe.
- Ingredients (Common Name): Potassium Hydroxide
- Ingredients (INCI Name): Potassium Hydroxide
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Recommended for Cold Process: no
- Recommended for Melt and Pour: no
- Recommended for Bath Bombs: no
- Usage Instructions: Lye can be dangerous if it's not handled properly. Learn how to work with it safely before getting started. Find out how much to use in your recipe with the Lye Calculator. With safety gear on, gloves, goggles, long sleeves, carefully measure the lye into a glass container. Measure distilled water or other liquid into a separate container. Slowly pour the lye into the liquid, never the other way around, and stir until it's dissolved. Let cool and then pour into oils.
- Shipping Restrictions?: No Shipping Restrictions