Babassu, which comes from a native Brazilian palm tree, can be used in place of coconut or palm in cold process soap. It adds the same firming and cleansing properties.
However, babassu does have a lighter feeling on the skin and it absorbs quickly. We recommend giving all three oils a try in small test batches to see what you think. We love the fast absorption for lotion and hair products.
- Product Details
- Melting Point: 76 ℉
- Oil Color: White
- SAP (bar) Value: 0.17
- KOH (liquid) Value: 0.27
- Scent of Oil: None
- Ingredients (Common Name): Babassu Oil
- Ingredients (INCI Name): Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Recommended for Cold Process: yes
- Recommended for Melt and Pour: no
- Recommended for Bath Bombs: yes
- Eye Safe: yes
- Lip Safe: yes
- Usage Instructions: Cold process soap up to 33 percent. Lotions and creams up to 5 percent. Balms up to 10 percent.
- Shipping Restrictions?: No Shipping Restrictions