Are you making your own lip balm? Why not?! Lip gloss, lip shimmers, & lip balms are all very easy and inexpensive to make. You can create an all natural mixture using organic essential oils and nourishing vegetable butters or you can get wild and make them sparkly and decadent with micas and flavors. But a word of warning - once you start making your own beautifully hand crafted lip balms you won't be able to buy another mediocre, manufactured, tube of low quality oil & wax again!
How to Make Infused Lip Balm from Soap Queen on Vimeo.
Info and Inspiration
- Making lip balm is super easy with one of our handmade lip balm bases. We make a variety of lip balm bases using the same ingredients you would if you were making it from scratch. Click here for complete instructions on making lip balm with our base.
- If you want to forego our ready made lip balm base and jump right into making your own balms and butters you can get started with this simple recipe from Anne-Marie.
- If you are the type who wants a little more information before you begin then consult this great step-by-step tutorial, How to Make Lip Balms.
- Ready to dive deep? Get your swimsuit on! We bring you Talk It Out Tuesday: Lip Balm an in-depth discussion of all things lip balm with lots of great links included.
- Want to bring your lip balm to the world? Consult this handy guide on Labeling Your Products: Lip Balm and find out the guidelines so you can get your creations out there.
- Happy with lip balm? Ready to add some excitement to things and make your own lipsticks? We have an in-depth tutorial, split into two different sections, Lipstick Making - Day One and Lipstick Making - Ingredients & Melting. These great tutorials will have you experimenting with your own colors in no time. It's alive!