Multi-Bar Cutter - Constructed of top grade Birch Plywood, our Multi-bar Cutter is our go to when we want uniform, 1 1/16 inch thick perfectly cut bars of soap. The Curved arm allows these cutters to accommodate nearly any length log and up to 3 1/2 inches high and 4 1/4 inches wide, even ROUND PVC molded logs! Each of the 11 wires is made from high quality piano wire (phosphorus spring coated tension wire) and have an adjustable tightening key. The cutting platform is made from solid PVC, so it's easy to clean. Each cutter is custom made and locally hand crafted here in Bellingham, Washington. Find replacement wires here.
Dimensions: 16 1/4" (l) x 8" (h) x 10 1/2" (d)
How to Use a Multi-Bar Cutter from Soap Queen on Vimeo.
Tips & Tricks:
- Push the soap loaf all the way to the left so that each bar is evenly cut. Depending on the size of your loaf the end piece might be a little smaller or larger than the others.
- If the soap has any fun stuff like lavender buds or salt on top of your soap loaf, you'll want to cut the soap with the "toppings" face down. Otherwise, the wires will pull and drag the toppings through the cuts and cause drag lines.
- It is important to cut partially cured soap. Soft soap won't cut cleanly and your loaf may become disfigured. However, really hard soap is very difficult to cut through and can result in a broken wire (or two).
- Once soap has been cut, leave cutter in "down" position to remove soap before lifting the handle back up.
- Clean the individual wires after every loaf cut. Leftover bits may cause noticeable drag lines on the next loaf.
- Have fun!