View the rest of your items by clicking on the link below
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Our 3rd Annual Soap Weekend Intensive was just this past weekend and while we could only accommodate 12 lucky participants to spend the weekend with us in Bellingham, we know that there were many more that wanted to (according to our giant waiting list).
To help make up for this, we thought we'd share one of the many creative projects that were taught. This is Erin Pikor's Strawberry Pie Soap. Erin is the owner of Naiad Soap Arts and one of the most creative soapmakers we know.
Tools and Packaging:
1) Make a deep pink color with 12 oz white m&p soap base and the non-bleeding red color and pour into the brownie pan. Once set-up, remove and cut into small, irregular chunks with the crinkle cutter.
2) Make a warm toasty soap layer with 8 oz. white m&p soap base, 6 to 8 drops liquid yellow oxide, and 2 to 3 drops liquid brown oxide. Pour into the brownie pan and when set-up remove. Using the crinkle cutter, cut into diagonal strips and set aside.
3) Melt clear m&p soap and cool to 120F. Pour a shallow layer into the brownie pan and work quickly to layer in every other toasty strip, being sure to spray frequently with rubbing alcohol. Pour a little more clear soap then layer the rest of the strips, making a criss-cross pattern.
4) Melt about 16 oz. clear soap and add Merlot Mica, Strawberry Seeds, and scent with a blend of Strawberry and Almond Biscotti fragrance.
5) Spray the lattice with rubbing alcohol and pour some of the strawberry soap in. Then generously sprinkle your pink soap chunks (spraying everything furiously with rubbing alcohol) and pour the remaining strawberry soap over the top. It's o.k. if a few pieces are sticking out.
6) Once your soap is completely set-up, pop out of the mold and cut into little pieces with the daisy cutter. Hurrah! Cute soap!
Get next month's sale prices now! We've listed all of the items for next month's sale below. Using the coupon code Only Subscribers Get The Coupon Code, you will receive 20% off of the listed price of the items below until our September web specials are posted!
To really take advantage of this deal, make sure to check out this month's web specials, too. Shop from two sales at the same time!
Let your voice be heard! The Handcrafted Soap Guild is hiring an advocate to work with Congress on potential legislation that could affect small soap and toiletry businesses (like yours!) all over the country.
You can help by donating to the Advocacy Fund to make sure that your small business is represented in Washington, DC.
Winter White: If you lived on the North Pole and helped in Santa's Workshop and stepped outside for a breath of fresh air, this is what you would smell. It features fresh minty notes with a subtle scent of chocolate blended with Vetevyer and West Indian Vanilla.
Silver Spruce: It's like walking through a cold, snow-covered forest. Featuring notes of White Spruce, Walnut Tree with a dash of Holly Berry and Cranberry.
Want a way to personalize your soap without investing in numerous mold designs? Try tattooing your soap!
In the most recent episode of Soap Queen TV, Anne-Marie shows 2 techniques for applying tattoos to your soap. Check it out here!
Bramble Berry has 2 new kits with everything you need to make these totally fun soaps! Try our Rock Star kit or Flower Power kit.
Or, if you just want to try some tattoos, see our full selection here!
Bramble Berry Soapmaking Supplies
2138 Humboldt Street, Bellingham, Washington, 98225 phone: 360.734.8278 [email protected]
We're a friendly group who love social media. See you 'round the web!