View the rest of your items by clicking on the link below
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
When we first saw these adorable molds from Milky Way Molds we were smitten, but then Amanda with Lovin' Soap created these amazing soaps and we were in full-blown love.
Amanda crafted cute little gnome cartoons based on the Milky Way mold, printed them on water soluble paper and then embedded them in clear melt & pour soap. It instantly adds the detail so you don't have to slave away mixing, pouring, and cleaning up different colors of soap.
Our Gnome Kit has everything you need to make at least 8 bars of cute gnome soap.
1. First, print out the Gnomes on Water Soluble Paper. For tips and tricks on how to use water soluble paper see this Soap Queen TV video. Make sure to print at full size, then cut them out. Lay one in your mold to check the size - it should be a little smaller than the mold cavity.
2. Melt about 5 oz of Clear Soap base. Do the bluing trick for better clarity by adding a touch of Blue Mix LabColor. For more information on the bluing technique check out this Soap Queen TV video.
3. Pour into the mold just until the soap reaches the top of the gnome boots. Spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of bubbles.
4. Lay the gnome print face down on top of the clear soap. Then, gently press it down into the clear soap. Allow to harden.
5. Melt about 7 oz White Melt & Pour base and add about .2 oz fragrance. Spray the clear soap with alcohol and pour the white soap when it has cooled to 125F. Finish with another spritz of rubbing alcohol.
Get next month's sale prices now! We've listed all of the items for next month's sale below. Using the coupon code June20, you will receive 20% off of the listed price of the items below until our June web specials are posted!
To really take advantage of this deal, make sure to check out this month's web specials, too. Shop from two sales at the same time!
Ginger Lime Fragrance Oil
Tropical Vacation Fragrance Oil
Black Raspberry & Vanilla Fragrance Oil
Retro Square Mold
Lavender Grade 2
Sparkle Violet Mica
Learn to make and use your own all natural infusions either by watching an exclusive Soap Queen TV video or with our newest book, Infusing: Herbs, Spices, Teas & Clays.
In the video Anne-Marie shows how to make 3 different infusions and uses them in a beautifully layered Cold Process soap.
The book features notes on over 100 different herbs, spices, teas & clays and what color they will give you.
Fun and easy to make Soap-on-a-Rope is surprisingly popular. Learn how to make it in this Soap Queen TV video and then find our new soap ropes here.
Bramble Berry is proud to announce that we have created a week long, educational curriculum based on soap making. Intended for grade school ages, this book has a little of everything; spelling, math, writing composition, and science.
While this is a wonderful resource for homeschoolers, it could easily be a fun activity to help excercise those brain muscles during summer vacation.
Bramble Berry Soapmaking Supplies
2138 Humboldt Street, Bellingham, Washington, 98225 phone: 360.734.8278 [email protected]
We're a friendly group who love social media. See you 'round the web!