Gentle Foaming Flakes - SLMI
Product Description Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, or SLMI, is an anionic surfactant that comes in flake form. This solid surfactant is readily soluble in water and offer great clarity for liquid formulations like shower gels and shampoos. As an anionic surfactant, it’s an effective cleanser that can be used as your primary surfactant in personal care products. It’s also gentle, helping to prevent the irritation of sensitive skin and scalp after washing. The flake format is easy to use. Unlike powdered surfactants, these Gentle Foaming Flakes won’t create a lot of airborne surfactant which can irritate airways. They’re easy to measure accurately, too. Pick up this product for your next shampoo, shower gel, or hand soap project and see for yourself.
- Product Details
- Oil Color: White
- Ingredients (Common Name): Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate
- Ingredients (INCI Name): Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate
- Origin: USA
- Shelf Life: Best within 2 years
- Recommended for Cold Process: no
- Recommended for Melt and Pour: no
- Recommended for Bath Bombs: no
- Additional Details: 85% Active Surfactant Matter. Derived from coconut.
- Eye Safe: no
- Lip Safe: no
- Safety Notes: SLMI can be irritating to the nose and throat, we recommend wearing a mask when working with it.
- Usage Instructions: Typically 2-10%
- Shipping Restrictions: No Shipping Restrictions